Recovery through Work
Key Clubhouse is an accredited Clubhouse program by Clubhouse International.
The Key Clubhouse is a membership community for individuals living with serious mental illnesses, including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression, schizoaffective disorder, PTSD, and anxiety disorders.
We follow the International Clubhouse program, which has been adopted by 320 Clubhouses in 34 countries throughout the world. This evidence based program has been shown to reduce the rate of crisis hospitalization and incarceration among people with mental illness while also helping people find higher paying employment in the community.
Individuals join The Key Clubhouse as members to volunteer their time, learn new skills and rebuild old ones, find jobs in the community, socialize and assist each other. Membership is free.
Employment in the Community
A big part of our program is helping members prepare for and obtain competitive employment in the community. The Clubhouse's Employment Unit develops partnerships in the community for Transitional and Supported Employment positions for our members. We also assist members in obtaining Independent Employment positions.
Opportunities to help and participate
The Clubhouse is run by the members and staff working together as equals. Every morning and afternoon, meetings are held to organize the tasks to be completed during that day. Members volunteer for tasks, alongside staff members. Members are encouraged to take leadership roles by leading meetings, conducting tours and orientations, and teaching skill to other members.
Key Clubhouse offers its members:
- A work ordered day in which the talents and abilities of members are recognized and encouraged.
- Participation in consensus – based decision making regarding all important matters relating to the running of the Clubhouse.
- Opportunities to obtain paid employment in mainstream business through a Clubhouse created Transitional Employment Program, as well as through Clubhouse Supported and Independent Employment Programs.
- Assistance in accessing community–based educational resources.
- Assistance in accessing medical, psychological, substance abuse, wellness, and other community support resources.
- Access to crisis intervention services if needed.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday, social and recreational events.
- Assistance in securing safe, decent and affordable housing.
- Low cost breakfasts and lunches, prepared and served by our Culinary Unit, which is run by members and staff.
The Key Clubhouse of South Florida - 1400 NW 54th Street, Suite 102, Miami, FL 33142 - 305-693-3508 - firstname.lastname@example.org